Our little guest house affectionately referred to as ‘The Hobbit House’ is located on our farm here at Scottland Yard! We border Hammond Hill state forest, with access to miles of hiking, hunting and skiing trails.
The well appointed wee house is 16×16′ with a large bathroom, kitchen, common area downstairs and a pull out queen serta sofa bed. The bedding and mattress protector are provided in the storage closet. In the loft you will find a comfortable double bed made with (silk feel) 100% bamboo sheets as well as 1 fold up 4″ twin floor mattress with provided bedding in the closet. For our guests comfort and well being, all beds are REQUIRED to be made with the mattress protectors provided! Bath and Turkish beach towels are also provided. The kitchen in this area has a wee under counter fridge with a tiny freezer, a fancy cuisine art air fryer convection toaster oven, coffee pot, 2 burner electric hotplate, and a blender. All cooking and eating utensils are provided. The ship ladder going to the loft is just that….a structurally sound permanently attached wooden ship’s ladder. They are steep. Please refer to the picture of the ladder for a nice visual look at them! **Due to the danger of the steep ship ladder to the bedroom, we recommend that families with children under five do not choose this unit. Outside you have a lovely deck with a bistro table, grill and a little fire pit. The peacocks can often be found roosting on your pergola and the chickens scratching in your yard! You mustn’t leave your door open and unattended or they may decide to make themselves at home and move right in with you, yes really! Please know this is a farm and the farm animals are early risers. We provide earplugs in the bedside table for those of you who are not! We also have other glampers and guests.
After a short walk you will find our Mercantile store, our Traveler’s trunk boutique and beautiful natural pool for swimming and relaxation. The natural pool’s beauty and tranquility is complete with a lovely waterfall and our pet Koi! The Koi are always eagerly awaiting their koi treats from our guests. These treats can be purchased for $1 from our small Mercantile store along with horse treats, rabbit treats and bird treats. The mercantile also has snacks, local wine, honey and beer along with camp cooking supplies you may have forgotten. Our fun little travelers trunk boutique has some interesting finds from our travels as well as local homemade items!
There is a natural pool, swinging tree hammocks, children’s playground, bistro tables everywhere, coin op laundry mat with 2 washers and 2 dryers and plenty of farmland to explore! We border the lush and lovely Hammond Hill State forest. If you love cross country skiing, mountain biking and walks we border You have access to miles of state trails!! The barns and pastures are restricted from guests’ entrance. Scottland Yard community consists of several small clustered homesteads. Each Sunday is ‘Sunday funday’ BBQ at Scottland Yard from 2-7pm. Monday-Thursdays from 2-6 we have family swimming at Scottland Yard. Our guests often join us for this joyful time. If you happen to arrive or are enjoying the facilities during these hours, please know that you’re welcome to join us if you wish!
There are over 200 wineries in the Fingerlakes Region and many are within an hours drive. The closest one to us is Six Mile Creek Vineyard about 5 miles away. Visit waterfalls or state parks such as Buttermilk Falls, Taughannock, Robert H. Treman, Ithaca Falls.
We really like the idea of the honor system and guests can settle up their purchases via different forms of payment, (venmo, cash or checks) at time of purchase. We hope you chose to ‘just breathe’ with us here at Scottland Yard farm and look forward to sharing our magical space with you! https://youtu.be/cAcdaQkJXVk
- Pet fee additional $35.00 per night per pet.
- Additional fee of $35.00 per person per night after the initial 2 people (this includes children above the age of 2)
- Children aged under 24 months stay for free. (Must provide bedding/sleeping accommodation for infant)
- Cleaning Fee is a one time fee of $70.00 and is added to the accommodation price when booked
- Every child 5 and under, or any non swimmer, must provide their own life jacket when in or around the pond. If any non swimmers are occupying the space without a life-jacket, they will be asked to leave the area. SWIM AT OWN RISK. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY
- Dishes used by you are to be washed, dried and put away after each use.
- No smoking in the tent! Ashtrays provided on property
- Pets fee is $35.00 per night per pet. Must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Pets must get along with other pets and children.
- Pets may do their business in the nearby field. If business is done on the lawn it’s up to the owner to pick up and discard poop.
- Your pet must be crated inside if you leave him/her for any length of time. They may not be barking constantly day and night.
- No dog swimming allowed in the lined ponds on the property.
- If you are bringing an infant under 2 you must provide all their bed and bedding needs or they may sleep with you.
- Minimum 2 night stay if Booking on a Friday
- Quiet time begins at 10:00 PM. Please be conscious and respectful of other guests.
***July 4th weekend- please take it into consideration before booking!
There are fireworks (that can be heard) nearby at the neighbors homestead. Our July 4th weekend guests are invited to attend the neighborhood display. The display is not on our property. Our farm is located close enough that the fireworks are still loud. Dogs, fellow travelers, and/or children traveling with you may get frightened during the 15 minute display.
Kitchen and dining
Space where guests can cook their own meals
Pots and pans, oil, salt and pepper
Dishes and silverware
Bowls, chopsticks, plates, cups, etc.
Patio or balcony
An open space on the property usually covered in grass
Beach towels, umbrella, beach blanket, snorkeling gear
Bedroom and laundry
Towels, bed sheets, soap, and toilet paper
Extra pillows and blankets
Drying rack for clothing
Heating and cooling
Internet and office
Wifi available throughout the listing
Parking and facilities
Free parking on premises
Assistance animals are always allowed
Long term stays allowed
Allow stay for 28 days or more
Cleaning before checkout
Separate street or building entrance
Carbon monoxide alarm
Ready to stay with us?